Tuesday, October 15, 2013

The vintage I love

Hi my name is Jessica and I'm addicted to thrift stores and yard sales. I love love love going to yard sales and thrift stores for vintage finds, the joy of finding a vintage piece ( or even regular clothing pieces for my kids or husband, me,lol) is like a job well done.  I was raised on thrift store clothes and yard sale finds. I rarely had new clothes and it's something I have grown accustom too. I'd rather spend a quarter on a Ralph Lauren or old navy cardigan then $ 50 dollars brand new at the store.
  Why would I think to thrift at a thrift store or city wide garage sale? Besides spending a small chunk of change on a name brand item, you also get something that was worn in, and most likely comfortable.
A quarter, dollar even five dollars beats spending 25, 50, or more on one item. Imagine what you could get with $50 dollars at the thrift store. $50 dollars can get me thru a city wide garage sale and still have  a large amounts of it left over. 
 The other thing I love so much about thrifting and garage sales is the vintage, I am always looking for vintage items of the 40/50 era. I am a missed place soul, seriously. Lol, I wish I could go back in time and buy items from that era and bring them back to this time. But, I deal with online local swap pages, isell pages, or Craigslist.org. To find a piece from the decade I love is like a lovely gift from the past. 

Recent finds on these pages are.a Art Deco waterfall bedroom set, a Tappan deluxe gas stove, (that is a beautiful piece of art), a ginormous collection of records, and so much more. I guess slowly I'll share all my luck finds with you. I want too, it's easy to find a good deal for a great price, with time, prayers and eagle eyes.( I've trained my eyes to find the vintage goods, lol joking but it sounded good).

No comments:

Post a Comment